|Home > Press Releases > 2012 > Clear_Win >|
It's a fact -- the highest quality cattle are more valuable!
Therefore, it behooves each Texas Longhorn profit-minded producer to carefully plan matings that will increase value for future breeding stock. There are things to consider which cause profit, loss, and the dreaded "more of the same." Correct selection of frozen semen sires is the fastest way to make good things happen. This is the right time of year for many to purchase semen. When selecting that all important sire here are some profit factors to consider:
1) If horn is a major concern, any mature bull under 70" T2T should not be a consideration.
2) If beef conformation and growth ability are important, any mature bull under 1800 lbs should not be considered.
3) If color is a value factor select bulls with dark spotted colors, brindles and blacks.
4) If horn base is important only select a bull with 16" circumference or more.
5) If profit is a factor don't purchase $100 to $300 semen unless the above criteria is met.
6) If the whole enchilada is important, take a look at Clear Win. Semen $50 (no syndicate necessary) he measures 77.25" T2T at 34 months, 18.75" horn base circumference, he has five sire generations who matured at over a ton, and he is friendly as a campaigning politician.
7) If you have already purchased semen from an 1100 lb white bull -- dispose of the semen. It is better to take a loss now than later.
Take a look at 4 of the top bulls in history all $50 or less per straw. Minimal semen order $100, no maximum, no deadline -- order when convenient. We ship anywhere.
Registered Texas Longhorns since 1967
DCCI~~~ Purveyor of “one owner” quality Cattle.
All images and content on this website are copyrighted. Dickinson Cattle Co., Inc., www.texaslonghorn.com, and/or Darol Dickinson are under no obligation to provide professional photos carte blanche. US copyright law is clear that all intellectual property belongs to the author or creator. Photos here are not "Public Domain". Articles here are not "Public Domain".
However; you are welcome to use any photo or article on this site accompanied by a credit and a valid web link. The photo credit needs to state: "Photo courtesy of Dickinson Cattle Co. LLC" and the link provided to www.texaslonghorn.com
Any other use is considered unauthorized plagiarism.