Flash!! A wheel barrow full of beef short ribs will be smoked and ready for those who aren't fighting over the roasted pig.
See yearling bull Non Stop during the Fling.
You are invited to the Fall Fling, Dickinson Cattle Co. Customer Appreciation day, Oct 3, 2015. It is coming fast so get your hotel reservations, clean the hay strings out of the truck seat and make a plan.
Each year DCC puts the big pot in the little one and invites all clients and friends to enjoy an educational "Customer Appreciation Event." Fall colors are exploding, the weather is perfect; if not, there is a covered pavilion. This special event is planned for those who savor great cattle. If you have not attended in the past, what are you waiting for? Here is the plan, which includes a free lunch for ranch guests of rib sticking delicious barbecue beef ribs, roast pig, and assorted trimmings, don’t miss out. Here are some highlights:
When you come to the half barn, information station you are nearly to the Fling site. One more snort from your canteen and you are there.
- World political stunts and how Texas Longhorn people will profit. ~~ Darol Dickinson
- How to get more live AI calves with less semen and higher percentage conception. By Cliff Little.
- Demo ~~ To Be Announced
- Semen red-hot specials, one day only~~ some bulls half price~~bring your tank. Ask for list.
- See over 80” T2T legends ~~ including World Champion Clear Win, Drag Iron, Jester, Junction, Stampede Win, Clear Point, and Rodeo Max.
- Bring calves to brand. Use DCC chutes, irons and we brand for you, or you do it~~your choice. Learn to brand and castrate the humane and totally bloodless way ~~live demonstrations ~~ volunteers needed.
- Free photos with the gentlest, kindest DCC steer ever. Bring your camera or we snap’em for you.
- Narrated cattle pasture bus tours. Guaranteed no ride bumpier this side of Washington, DC.
- Peruse the LONGHORNS HEAD TO TAIL STORE. See a store full of great useful items you can’t buy at Walmart, or any government jail or tax office. Visit continuous LHTT Theater/Horn Gallery.
- See the most economical, safest squeeze chute -- the BRY. Now $1350. Haul home in a pickup.
- Demos of the Gallagher cattle scales ~~ wives weighed free. Meet Doug Burris and Sarah -- ranch new staff.
- And, there will be a few cattle for sale that you will really like. Bring a trailer.
Steve Smith photo credit. If you want to look at Texas Longhorns until night fall, enjoy the milky way from Ohio, it is awesome from the Texas Longhorn pasture.
If you plan to attend and have not sent in reservations, do it now. (RSVP is french, Repondez sil vous plait, meaning "Please respond."
Each year there are educational demonstrations of hoof trimming, branding, bloodless castration, bloodless dehorning (not on Longhorns), planned matings, AI, squeeze chutes, poison weeds to learn and avoid, livestock photography, and bus tour for guests.
The trail drive style lunch is free. The educational demonstrations and ranch narrated bus tours are $15 for adults and $5 for children. If you are a DCC client bring your last purchase invoice; one free admittance per invoice.
Endure the featured presentation to assist profitability by Darol Dickinson titled, “World Politics for Texas Longhorns” It may not be politically correct, but you will leave with new profit ideas, encouragement and a renewed determined spirit.
Make your motel reservations now.
Due to shale exploration, area motels are full of oil and gas people.
40 rooms blocked for the Fall Fling up to September 25. Take advantage of the special reduced Dickinson Cattle Co rate of $99. (2 Queens or 1 King) Free breakfast with bacon and or sausage (pork products) just 6 miles from the ranch, see map.
Call 740 782 1298.
Families are welcome to come early and fish in one of the DCC ranch lakes.
Bring fishing gear.
Guest fishing Friday afternoon.
This is our 48th anniversary of raising Longhorns--it's a special day and a special year.
See you Saturday, October the 3th,
DCC Family and Staff
LIABILITY: All steer owners, guests and innocent bystanders attending the FLING waive all liability for any and all harm that may result, and agree by this notice and their participation to totally hold DCC harmless. This is the only notice you will receive.